Nishimura (西村, にしむら Nishimura), full name Nishimura Naritaka (西村成孝, にしむら なりたか), is the banchō of Hakutaka Industrial High School. Despite his plump size and wearing large glasses, Nishimura is a formidable fighter. Nishimura is a recurring character in the Downtown Nekketsu series.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari
- 1.2 Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai
- 1.3 Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zen'in Shūgō!
- 1.4 Bikkuri Nekketsu Shin Kiroku! Harukanaru Kin Medal
- 1.5 Kunio-kun no Dodgeball da yo Zen'in Shūgō
- 1.6 Downtown Nekketsu Baseball Monogatari: Yakyū de Shōbu da! Kunio-kun
- 1.7 Kunio no Oden
- 1.8 Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari EX
- 1.9 River City Super Sports Challenge
- 1.10 River City: Knights of Justice
- 1.11 River City Super Sports Challenge ~All Stars Special~
- 1.12 Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki
- 1.13 River City: Rival Showdown
- 1.14 River City Melee: Battle Royal Special
- 1.15 River City Ransom: Underground
- 1.16 River City Girls
- 1.17 River City Melee Mach!!
- 2 Localized versions
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
Nishimura's first appearance in the Kunio-kun franchise is in Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari. He acts as the first mandatory boss in the Famicom version of the game.
Nishimura once again makes an appearance as part of the School Union team.
Nishimura is the second boss in the game.
Nishimura appears as a playable character in the All-Stars team.
Nishimura is actually split into two characters in this game.
One referred to as just "Naritaka" is depicted as a spunky, precocious junior high student (sans glasses) who idolizes Riki and hopes to become as strong as him. To this end, he hangs out at the Downtown slums for "training". At the moment, he is unable to effectively fight back against his opponents, but insists that this is part of his training when Kyōko and Misako worry about him for looking all beat-up.
The one with Nishimura's original likeness on the other hand is found in a shop near the Downtown subway tunnel, selling books that prevent weapons of a specific class from breaking when the right one is held..
- In River City Ransom, Nishimura is renamed Rocko. He re-appears in the game's sequel: River City Ransom: Underground. At one point in the game the player has to chase him. He mentions both Blade and Moose after he is stopped. His full name in the school's year book is Rocko Baldwin IV, a combination of his two localized names.
- In Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge, Nishimura is renamed Lawrence "Baldy" Baldwin IV, a member of the Jefferson High School team.
- Nishimura is modeled and named after a former Technōs Japan programmer. This programmer is credited in the Famicom version of Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu, which has a character named Naritaka. In the PC fan remake of the game, this character was given Nishimura's face from Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari.
- Nishimura can be seen on the cover of the Ore wa Otoko Da! Kunio Kun manga, but he does not appear in the manga itself.